LETTER TO CUSTOMERS
August 6th, 2019
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Inklings’ Books & Coffee Shoppe will begin an exciting new adventure very soon in Liberty, Missouri. But first, we must say good-bye to our friends, customers, and neighbors in Blue Springs, Missouri. This summer, we are celebrating 15 years in Blue Springs, and 5 years in our Downtown Location. We are proud to have served our community for so many years with books, literary events, book clubs, writers’ groups, coffee, poetry and more.
This move is a blessing, and we look on our journey thus far with fondness and love. Our hearts ache only for our Main Street community, who has been incredibly supportive in a million different ways. We ask that you continue to visit Main Street for community events, community services, food and drink, and friendships. We also welcome you to stop by and ask us any questions you might have about the move.
Our Main Street Shoppe will close at the end of October 2019. But don’t wait until the last minute. Nearly everything must go, and it will go fast. Look for great book sales and inventory liquidation opportunities.
As of August 6th, 2019, Inklings’ Books & Coffee Shoppe will no longer accept books for trade credit or book donation. For those who have trade accounts, you may continue to use your trade credit until the close of our Blue Springs Location. Your trade credit will also be honored until March 1st, 2020 at Anastasia’s Books, 10416 E. 63rd St. Raytown, MO. 816-356-8300, or at Read It Again Books, 1111 S. Broadway, Oak Grove, MO. 816-690-5660.
· Thursday, August 8th. Blue Springs Fiction Writers. 6-8 pm.
· Saturday, August 10th. 2nd Saturdays Car Cruise Downtown Blue Springs. 5-8 pm.
· Thursday, August 15th. Blue Springs Fiction Writers. 6-8 pm.
· Wednesday, August 19th. The Reading Tree Book Club. 10 am.
· Thursday, August 22nd. Blue Springs Fiction Writers. 6-8 pm.
· Friday, August 23rd. Fourth Friday Reading Series/Open Mic. With Cameron Morse and Maryfrances Wagner. 6 – 9pm.
· Thursday, August 29nd. Blue Springs Fiction Writers. 6-8 pm.
· Thursday, September 5th. Blue Springs Fiction Writers. 6 - 8 pm
· Wednesday, September 11th. The Reading Tree Book Club. 10 am.
· Friday-Sunday. September 13-15th. 50th Annual Blue Springs Fall Fun Festival. Coffee Fundraiser for the Greater Kansas City Tolkien Society. Promotions Raffle and Book Sale Booth with Keller Williams/Trinity Homes team Holly & Bishop Leo Michael.
· Last Days of our Going Out of Business Liquidation Sale. All Groups who meet at Inklings’ will have found new meeting places.
Inklings’ Books & Coffee Shoppe, LLC will move to St. James Anglican Church located at 342 N Water St, Liberty, MO 64068. The church, originally St. James Catholic Church was built in 1847 and renovated in 1913. This beautiful historic building is in Historic Downtown Liberty. Inklings’ will be open to the community in the lower level, with separate parking lot access. The church is currently under renovation and an open date has not been announced.
Inklings’ Books & Coffee Shoppe will provide a vibrant coffee shop atmosphere with casual seating, and seating for church and community gatherings. We will sell Inklings related books & gifts, especially from C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien, as well as Christian and Inspirational books and gifts.